TEXAS WELCOMES the WORLD SHAMROCK 2018 ROUTE 66 FESTIVAL
July 12-15, 2018
Join us for Food, Fun, Car Cruise, Rodeo, Dance, Artists, Authors, LIVE Music…and so much more!
We invite you to come explore Texas’ 178 miles of Route 66!
From our host City of Shamrock, with the famous U-Drop Inn on the East, to our infamous ghost town, Glenrio on the West we have sights to behold, places to visit and people to see! And as everyone knows Texas is the MidPoint of Route 66 so no matter which way you’re headed you’re half way there!! Like the windmills & wind turbines that share the wide open skies of the Texas Panhandle, you will discover the past and present on the Mother Road.
From the Route 66/Devils Rope Museum in McLean to the Milbern-Price Museum & Dot’s Mini-Museum in Vega, the history of Texas and Route 66 comes to life. Route 66 in Amarillo is a must see: with Art Galleries, Antique and Specialty shoppes, wonderful restaurants, two of which are the oldest restaurants on the Route, and bars that offer live music, we can keep you entertained form breakfast to bedtime!!
Along with all the great sights and photo ops that Texas 66 is famous for:
- the restored Phillips Station in McLean
- the restored Magnolia Station in Vega
- the Leaning Tower and the Giant Cross in Groom
- the Bug Ranch in Conway
- the Cadillac Ranch outside Amarillo
- the MidPoint Cafe in Adrian
- the Big Texan Steak Ranch
- Edsel Graveyard in Shamrock
We also have a few side trips that are worth the drive:
- Panhandle Plains Historical Museum in Canyon TX
- Palo Duro Canyon~the second largest canyon in the U.S.A.
- Horseback riding at Los Cedros Ranch
- Lake Meredith Alibates Flint Quarries.
Also located in Amarillo (just not right on 66):
- the Amarillo Art Museum
- Sunset Art Gallery
- the Amarillo Zoo
- The Botanical Gardens
- Don Harrington Discovery Center
- Wonderland Amusement Park.
Amarillo is home to several golf courses (both private & public) and Shamrock also offers a wonderful golf course.
Our Office Location
To stay up to date on 2018 Route 66 Festival please fill out the form below. See You Soon!